Occupational health and safety at the enterprise of Concern “Nicmas”, what do you need to know?
Labor protection is a system of legal, socio-economic, organizational-technical, sanitary-hygienic and medical-prophylactic measures and means aimed at preserving the life, health and working capacity of a person in the process of work
According to Art. 13 of the Law “On Labor Protection” The employer is obliged to create working conditions at the workplace in each structural subdivision in accordance with normative legal acts, as well as to ensure compliance with the requirements of legislation regarding the rights of employees in the field of labor protection.
In accordance with the requirements of regulatory acts on occupational health and safety and with the aim of creating safe working conditions at the enterprises of the “Nicmas” Concern, an occupational health and safety management system (hereinafter referred to as OSH) has been implemented.
The OSP is a set of interrelated measures and management decisions regulated by regulatory acts and organizational and administrative documents, aimed at comprehensive programmatic support of occupational health and safety at work.
Today we will introduce you to the work of the labor protection service of VNDIkompressormash JSC, in the person of labor protection engineer Volodymyr Ivanovich Kovalenko.
Volodymyr Ivanovych, who took the vacant position of labor protection engineer not long ago, conducted an analysis of the previous work and began to gradually ensure the operation of the EMS.
The following work was carried out to organize the operation of the SWOP:
- The current “Regulations on the occupational safety management system”, “Regulations on the occupational safety service”, “Regulations on the procedure for conducting training and testing knowledge on occupational safety” were developed and approved;
- Officials responsible for labor protection have been appointed by order of the Enterprise;
- The labor protection instructions were reviewed, revised and put into effect;
- During the conclusion of employment contracts, the employee is informed about the conditions under the receipt labor and about the presence of dangerous and harmful production factors at his workplace that have not yet been eliminated, the possible consequences of their impact on health and about the employee’s rights to benefits and compensation for working in such conditions in accordance with the legislation and the collective agreement;
- The occupational safety engineer conducts introductory briefings with all employees who are accepted for permanent or temporary work;
- Heads of structural divisions conduct occupational safety training at workplaces (primary, targeted and unscheduled);
- Employees, in accordance with the requirements of the legislation, are provided with overalls, special shoes, personal protective equipment, detergents, medicines for providing medical assistance in case of accidents, etc;
- The labor protection engineer constantly monitors the state of labor protection, and in case of violations, binding orders are issued;
- An application for determining the category of employees subject to preliminary (periodic) medical examinations in 2023 was prepared and sent to the Interregional Department of State Labor;
- In order to ensure the proportional participation of employees in solving any issues of safety, occupational hygiene and the production environment, the company has created a Commission on labor protection issues of the enterprise, which monitors compliance with the requirements of labor protection legislation directly at the workplace, providing employees with means of collective and personal protection, detergents and disinfectants.
Thanks to the coordinated work of the “Nicmas” Concern and quality staff, we keep up with the times and comply with all labor protection regulations implemented in Ukraine.